Monday, July 31, 2006

Ultrasound - Week 32



Our baby boy is 4.6lbs, head down, and growing perfectly. He also has hair! Enough hair to be seen on an ultrasound...wow. Alex and I were both surprised as we were both bald when we were born. In fact, my mother told me I didn't have hair to pin back till I was 2 years old. But with Jack, it looks like he'll follow suit with this older cousin, Ellie as far as hair goes. Pretty exciting and wonderous to see. He's beautiful!



He was sleeping at the time of the ultrasound...sucking his thumb (I think he's going to love his pacifiers), heart beating 133 bpm, a perfectly healthy and normal rate. We took advantage of the stillness by getting some more profile shots. He looks just like Alex as a baby!



Only about 8 weeks till birthday. The doctor told me to have the infant seat intalled in the car at this point and have it checked out by local fire dept. or police dept. I also need to start putting the hospital bag together. Besides the massage ball which I've been using every night to relieve some achiness, I have no idea what else I need to bring. I need to pick out music apparently, as well as a focal point object/picture. In our birthing class, we were told by the instructor that most first time parents use a picture of the family pet. Sigh. Will Newt make it to the delivery room? We shall have to wait and see. To me it seems pretty funny to have a picture of a cat, our Newt no less, as the focal point.



By the way, the baby shower went wonderfully! We'll be posting pictures soon from that day. We had great food provided by my sister, Wany, and Jack got a lot of good stuff from family and friends who were so kind enough to join me Saturday. I can't wait to use all the items received for Jack.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

I love the second shot. It looks like he's licking his fingers. I can't wait to see him in the flesh!