Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sleepy Time

Sleep is becoming a valuable commodity for me as of late. I think I average about 4 hours a night now. Here's how a usual night passes for me:

10pm - get into bed and start winding down. Alex comes to bed with me, but turns on the TV - his way of winding down.

10:30pm - I'm getting tired. I start yawning, cradling my body pillow and start dozing off. Alex is dozing off, but the TV is still on.

11pm - I'm totally ready to fall into deep sleep, but the TV is still on. Alex is asleep. I have to shake him and wake him up to turn the TV off (he clutches the remote even while he's sleeping - TV is his friend).

11:15pm - I am still tired, but cannot sleep....because Alex is snoring. I have to push him onto his side.

11:30pm - I cannot fall back to sleep. I am no longer tired. I lay there, awake, alone in the warm glow of the bedroom night light (yes, I have a night light - make fun all you want), wondering when I will fall asleep again.

12am - my butt hurts.

12:30am - body pillow is making me hot. I move the pillow away.

1:30am - I have to pee

1:45am - Ow! My sciatica!

2am - I grab the body pillow again, I think it will help with the butt nerves if I use it and lay on my left side.

2:30am - about to doze off....but then Alex starts snoring again.

3am - I have to pee

3:15am - I finally go to sleep

7:02am - Alex wakes me up for work.

No comments: