Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sciatic Nerves - Butt Nerves

Yes, I have it. I have nerves in my butt and it is being pinched, punished, and pounded on by Jack and my uterus.
Oh the radiating pain starting from my lower back, through my buttocks, and down the back of my thighs. I have never felt annoyance and discomfort like this before.

It's not pain the way you'd think of it. It's a dull, lingering, throbbing achiness that travels the length of your legs and butt.

I googled my new pregnancy symptom, and unfortunately, there isn't much I can do. I just have to wait it out. It said I could take Tylenol to relieve inflamation (don't know if I will), or use a heating pad on the area, or massage, but for it to completely go away, I'd have to wait as long as 6 weeks.

6 weeks from now I'll be 37 weeks pregnant - considered full term, so it looks like I'll be suffering from this condition at least till the birth of Jack.

I knew there was going to be discomfort, but I guess I just didn't know how much, and how many different kinds there would be in pregnancy.

No comments: