Monday, July 10, 2006

Am I really this far along?

I cannot believe I am only a couple of months away from seeing Jack.

Alex mentioned that the first trimester seemed to last a life time, and that the second trimester only seemed like weeks. Now we are getting down to the wire and there's about 10 weeks left.

It's becoming more real. I mean, Jack's been real to me for quite some time now with all his moving around, making me sick, making me tired, making me forgetful, seeing him in ultrasounds, etc. but reality will take the next step, and soon I'll finally get to see him and hold him, and most importantly plant many kisses on him.

But still, it seems strange that I'll be that woman writhing in pain in the hospital, and eventually with that needle in my spine, outwardly trying to stay calm and focused, but deep down inside dreading the sound and sight of the stirrups on which my feet will be placed come THAT time of truth....will my body be able to pull itself together and do what it's supposed to do?

Will Jack cooperate? Will the nurses be nice to me? Will I end up needing a C-section? Will I have remmbered to pack socks in my hospital bag? How many hours will it be for me? My mother claimes I took 3 days...she also claims she was sick the entire 9 months of pregnancy.

I am scared, anxious and hopeful...but overall, more excited than anything. I can't wait for Jack's arrival...so you know what that means.....the last 10 weeks of pregnancy, the last stretch, will seem like an eternity.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Almost there!!! Hang in there!!