Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Lift

I have started using the elevator at work.

I can no longer climb the stairs to get to the 2nd floor of our office building.

I no longer sleep through the night with trips to the bathroom sprinkled here and there. Once I'm up, I'm up....I cannot fall back to sleep. Every position is getting uncomfortable whether I am sitting on the couch, or getting ready for bed or driving in the car, or sitting at the office like now.

It feels like I am sitting on a bowling ball or incubating a huge egg the size of a bowling ball...not comfortable. Walking is a tricky thing now as my legs won't go as fast as I want it to. I remember being in a lot of pain after a good jog, or work out, but that is nothing compared to the all day long achiness I feel now.

My right butt cheek is sore. Jack's head has moved down (which I am happy about as he's been in the breech position before) but his head has moved down towards my right butt cheek and is pinching my nerve.

At night when I sleep on my right side, he tickles me when he moves (goofy kid). When I stand or sit up, his head presses on my bladder and I immediately have to use the restroom....not a good sensation when you can only 'walk' at 0.05 miles per hour.

I'm getting sleepy now too. I nap after dinner for about an hour, then get up, watch some TV, then back to bed at 10pm. Remember the good ol' days of the 1st trimester? Yeah, the fatigue is coming back.

Poor Alex....he does so much already and now he's just gotta keep doing more around the house. And I wish I could say he only has to do them for a little while longer, but I know that won't be true. I'll need even more help once Jack arrives. I don't know how single parents do this thing.

No comments: