Thursday, March 16, 2006

Practice Baby

Taylor says that I coddle Newt.

She says that he will be jealous of the baby when Peanut is born. She says that I need to show Newt now so that he doesn't sit on the baby's face while he/she sleeps in the crib.

It is true, I do treat Newt like a baby. I favor him over Nellie. I love Nellie too, but Newt is "my" cat. Sure, he is a pain sometimes too, but I love him anyway. Yeah, I hold him like a baby and he nuzzles up to me in bed while I sleep, but he is a cat, who doesn't like a furry friend sleeping near you. That is what pets are for!

But, I will have to learn not to treat him like a baby, because that will make it harder when all the attention goes to Peanut.

But, click on the picture above to enlarge. He is just so damn loveable!

1 comment:

EJ said...

Cats are amazing. Ours did really well to the lack of "affections" after the baby arrived. I do think it helps that they are older. They've even adjusted to no longer sleeping with us on the bed.