Saturday, February 04, 2006

Special Delivery

Today was a nice lounge around the house kind of day. Tomorrow is the Super Bowl, but today is vacuous and we have no errands to run besides the standard trip to Jewel for groceries. I decided to roll the coins from our ginormous piggy bank and Taylor just took it easy on the couch, watching TV and napping.

Taylor loves watching science/medicine/nature shows. Needless to say, I sometimes get a little tired of them especially in large blocks of the same show. But, while I tend to watch my favorites over and over again, I bite my lip and watch too.

But, today, I realized something. The show Babies: Special Delivery is something I cannot watch for the next 9 months. There is something unsettling about watching these dangerous and unhealthy births that makes me worry more than I already am. I feel cautious about even hugging Taylor because she feels sore. So, seeing a child born with clubbed feet or sometimes worse is not doing good things for my state of mind.

Taylor thinks that these things are a reality that we should face because anything can really happen in any pregnancy. True, but why watch it for four hours in a row?

No comments: