Thursday, June 22, 2006

Biiiiiiiiiiig

"I can't get any bigger....can I?" This was the thought running through my head last night at the mall.

I've been growing out of my maternity clothes fast! Pants bought three weeks ago which were on the big side are no longer on the big side, but rather, fit me kind of snug now. I bought these pants to wear to Church on Mother's Day but decided not to and left them in the closet to be worn another time. Bad move.

I've learned I've got to wear items as I buy them. I've also learned to buy them big and not go by what size I am now. Thank God maternity clothes only come in small, medium, large and XLarge at Motherhood Maternity. If there were actual sizes attached to every article of clothing, I'm sure I'd suffer from depression.

As I was walking through the mall, the only people I noticed were the women who were NOT pregnant, but in their normal state. I began to wonder if I'd ever get back to my normal state or....better (yes, I'm being greedy here). I sighed and mentioned to Alex how nice it would be to be back to my old self again to which Alex argued, "this from a woman who said she couldn't wait to be pregnant!"

How did I get so big? Will I ever get back to normal? Will I ever be able to walk into J.Crew and buy items like I used to? Will I ever get back into a 6 1/2 shoe?

Much is left to be seen.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

The answer is Yes to all your questions, believe it or not. =)