Monday, May 01, 2006

Welcome To 2nd Trimester

I've read in books that the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the honey-moon phase?

To that I say a big, sarcastic, HA!

Let's take morning sickness. In my case, it did not fade, get better, go away, lessen (or any other phrase you want to use) at 12 weeks/first 3 months. B.S. mine lasted four months, and played tricks on me. On week 16, I felt 'better' enough to eat some sloppy joes Alex made. Bad idea. I don't think I'll eat sloppy joes ever again.

One book said I should see a decrease in frequency of bathroom trips. I saw an increase.

Headaches - oh my gosh! Every day for one week I had one every day. I had to stop wearing my glasses, start taking my prenantal vitamins again (was on Flintstones instead till I threw that up in week 14).

Fatigue - the books said I would feel a surge of energy during the 2nd tirmester. Nope. Having a meal was always followed by drowsiness. As for the evening, I can stay awak 30 minutes longer now, so my bed time changed from 9:30pm to 10:00pm. Whoopie for small miracles, right?

Swelling - I read I'm not supposed to experience this till later in the trimester. Phooey! Any days above 70 degrees, my ankles swell up. Can't wait for August in Chicago, baby! Hoo Ha! Bring it on.

Varicose veins - also something I read I wasn't supposed to get till later in the trimester or not till the 3rd trimester altogether. Can someone tell the area behind my left knee this information? My vein is not a putrid green. My vein is what I like to call 'wife beater purple'. :-)

Flatulence - I can fart anyone into oblivion. 'Nuff said.

Weight gain - books say you should gain 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound per week. I put on 2.5 pounds this weekend.

So.....when I look at all of this....I think 3rd trimester is going to be as fun as WWII. Wish this soldier luck.

1 comment:

QueenWanydala said...

so how soon do you want your second kid? tee hee hee.