Wednesday, May 10, 2006

20 Weeks

Ok...so is it just me or does my face match my red shirt in the week 18 profile shot? Jeez.

Anyway, it is week 20. Half way through the pregnancy. It doesn't 'feel' half way though. It still feels like the last leg of the 1st trimester. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm not totally huge yet (even though co-workers and Alex have commented that I've popped and am getting bigger every day). Maybe it's because I can still move around quite normally and quickly considering my condition. Maybe it's because I can still sit on the couch Indian style and be relatively comfortable. I try to imagine what the next 20 weeks will be like....hmmmm.

I'm still amazed every time I feel Jack move around. The other day, he gave me a swift kick/punch in the stomach. My favorite is when he kicks me in the bladder of all places. Sigh.

I heard on the radio this morning that it is now trendy to be pregnant. I'm not sure who did the research on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if an industry related to babies and pregnancies were involved. Let's think about this for a moment. Will it also be trendy to have middle of the night feedings? Bags under the eyes from lack of sleep? Or how about being stinky from hanging out in the same outfit for 3 days straight because you just didn't have it in you to shower, fix your hair and act like Katie Couric ( I hate peppy people)? Pregnancy as a trend? Obsurd!

No comments: