Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tai Chi

It ususally happens after a meal. I'm sitting on the couch, relaxing and watching TV, letting my dinner digest and then it happens.

I wouldn't describe it as a flutter, or butterfly wings (what sap made up 'butterfly wings'? Probably the same guy that sings about butterfly kisses and what not...sigh). It's more like a muscle spasm or a slow 'wake up from bed in the morning' type of roll. Jack's moving.

I started feeling these sensations about two weeks ago, but of course had no idea what they were. I thought it was either gas or my stomach muscles spazing out due to my ever expanding middle. My sister who's been preggers before asked me if I'd felt anything. When I said no, and then began to describe these 'other' sensations I'd been having, first she laughed, then told me that was the baby moving. Wow.

Jack's active. Maybe he can't get comfortable. Maybe the energy from the foods I eat give him a boost to squirm around inside and do cartwheels.

But sometimes, when the sensation is slow and strong, I picture Jack inside me doing Tai Chi, with the look of a peaceful and wise older Chinaman who'd just had the most delicious bowl of noodles on his face.

No comments: