Friday, February 12, 2010

Smooshi/Soosee

Jack recently tried saying sushi and it came out sounding like the title of this post. Just a random observation. Speaking of which, here is some of the latest about the two Maidy boys.

Jack:

He is very verbal these day, more than ever before. He asks tons of questions and some of them are very deeply layered. It is very cool watching him grow up like this. Sometimes I forget that he is only 3 years old. I will have to post some of the amazing things he says so that anyone reading this knows what I mean. He has taken to telling me that I am his best friend and he loves me very much. He also says this to Taylor, Ben, and Sam.

The best example I can think of came last night:

"Jack, you know tomorrow is the Valentine's Party at daycare, right?"

"Party? It is not my birthday."

"I know, it is a party for Valentine's Day"

"It...is....not...my....birthday....I said!"

"I know Jack, it is a party to share Valentine's cards and show everyone how much you love them."

"Oh...(exasperated groan)....I'm busy."

-----
Ben

Ben is a big kid. He also has a terrible temper. He is constantly swiping and scratching Jack. Jack does not retaliate, which is good. Ben also screams. He will yell and it is impossible to tell if he is happy or mad. He will also let loose a tirade of yells and crying if he is not fed promptly at each meal time. It can be very, very frustrating.

Below is a somewhat comprehensive list of Ben's words these days:
Banana
Yes
No
Bye
Thank You (more of a sound than a word, but he knows what it means"
Notebook
And Beyond
Mama
Dada
Fish

I am sure I am missing some. He needs to communicate more and I am sure it will alleviate a lot of his frustration and anger. I hope.

No comments: