Thursday, November 30, 2006

Morning Drill

I'm not a morning person.

Now having said that, here's what I've accomplished since being up for Jack's 6am feeding:

1) Cleansed face
2) Brushed teeth and rinsed with mouth wash (mouth wash is painful - who invented this?)

3) Plucked eyebrows
4) Cleaned out Jack's bottle cabinet
5) Caught up on blogs
6) IM'd my husband and discussed grocery list
7) Sipping coffee (yes, it's day old coffee, but I'll take what I can get)

These may seem like trivial things to the average person, but since having a baby in the house, these things have become milestones for moi.

Why did I decide to stay up after his morning feeding?
Mainly because I actually slept last night. Jack went down around 11pm and did not stir till 6am this morning. That's a 7 hour sleep! Also, I decided now is the time to get my body used to being up earlier and getting him ready for day care and my commute to work. I can't believe I'll be back in my cube in a little over four weeks.

I've been heard saying I couldn't wait to go back to work. But now that the time is reaching near for the actual return, I wish I had more time with Jack.

No comments: