Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pregnancy for Dummies

We watched this DVD tonight. Two discs and 3 hours later, I think we still have questions. Lots of them. There are still so many possibilities to encounter and overcome, I don't know where to begin. I have questions purely from the male point of view. I understand how the body changes, but it is not the same until it is your wife having the baby. I am making a copy of the DVD and may have to rewatch portions of it further down the line. Thank God there was no video of an actual birth in there. I am not ready to see that.

Bad memories of the photos of me being born. I still don't know why my parents put those in a photo album. When I looked at them as a kid, I could not figure out why I wasn't coming out of my mother's stomach. What is that hair? Why am I bloody? Where on the body is that opening? All questions a child should never have to answer.

No comments: