Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lost - daily BM

Ben continues to cat nap through out the day instead of having two long naps in a day. He is supposed to start consolidating his sleep by now but he seems to be having trouble. I cannot and do not believe that some kids are just light sleepers. Those light sleeping kids tend to be over tired and cranky and whiney most of the day and just not happy.

I know from experience that when Jack gets a good nap, everyone has a good day.

I don't think Ben is a cat napper by nature though because last week he was sleeping much better than he is this week. Last week he took a 2 hour morning nap, and a 3 hour afternoon nap and he pooped once in the morning and once at night.

Alex and I believe Ben's naps are being messed up by his constipation. Being on soy formula does that to you more so than just regular formula (formula itself is binding to begin with!).

Ben is already on Karo AND 2 oz of water every day to help him 'go' and yet we still have use the thermometer trick to help him go. Poor little man.

I cannot wait till we can start him on solids and get some prunes and squash in him. He has his 3 month doctor visit in about a week. I will inquire about either using prune juice in his bottles instead of Karo, or when I can start him on solids to help him go. Sigh.

No comments: