Tuesday, May 01, 2007

House of Pain

We are all sick. We all essentially have the same problem. We caught some kind of virus/bug.

We all have the poops (Jack alone had 6 watery, runny BM's today and went through 4 outfits). Alex and I are vomitting. Oh, and I almost forgot....to show that he is part of the family, Newt puked by our patio window. Sigh.

Our first family illness.

Alex and I are taking in Gatorade when our stomachs can tolerate it and Jack downed 2 ounces of Pedialite which I think we'll send to daycare tomorrow as well as a few more changes of clothes. Other than the messy BM's, Jack is just his usual self, no fever, no complaints.

We wiped down everything in the house - door knobs, light switch plates, handles to the faucet, all of Jack's toys that would withstand a little water and bleach, and Alex re-washed by hand every single nipple and bottle base in the house. We do NOT want to recycle this bug.

I think Jack is getting over the bug. When I went in to check on him he was in the same position I'd left him when I put him down to bed. He is sleeping very soundly and is motionless (which we read is restorative sleep).

I hope we are done with this tomorrow.

No comments: