Monday, March 19, 2007

Full Body Diarrhea

Jack had a tough weekend with his antibiotic. While this one seems to finally be working for him, it has given him a really upset stomach. He wailed and complained most of the weekend and got up every hour on the hour last night. Around 1am, he went to sleep with Taylor in our bed and I took the couch so my snoring wouldn't wake him. He slept until 5am and had a better day today.

We also gave him a bath in the bathtub. I threw on some swim trunks and bathed Jack in a tub full of bubbles. He seemed to really enjoy it, especially the splashing. Taylor and I looked at each other with beaming pride.

Not even 2 hours after the bath, Jack began to poop. He had diarrhea and finally felt better after pooping. I took him from his mother's lap and laid him on the changing table.

The poop smelled like the smashed peas and oatmeal he had been eating. It was also leaking out of his diaper. In fact, it was a solid poop streak that was as wide as his back and all the way up to his neck. It was the biggest poop I had ever seen. So, Jack got a second bath.

Frustrated and annoyed, Taylor and I snapped at each other the remainder of the evening. But, upon seeing Jack happier and feeling better this morning, we apologized and made up.

Seeing Jack at daycare made the entire ordeal worthwhile. Jack's smile is magic.

No comments: