Friday, September 15, 2006

Week 38 and 4 days

No change in progress. Still 1cm dilated, 30% effaced. Sigh.
But then again, while everyone else has been predicting Jack would be early, I have felt he will be a week late.
He'll come in October and I'll be uncomfortable for another two weeks yet. Just have to keep my eyes focused on the finish line and the prize at the end of this race. So far, I'm not doing a very good job of focusing on this though....tehehehehe.

My blood had an elevated level of glucose. So Monday, I take a fasting glucose test. This means I eat nothing after midnight Sunday. Go in Monday morning to get my blood drawn, go home, eat breakfast, then come back 2 hours later and get my blood drawn again. I'll have my results in 24 hours. At this point, the doctor's are not too worried about the glucose since I'm so close to my due date as it is. They are just erroring on the side of caution, just in case.

I'm almost hoping they'll tell me they have to induce even though I've been against induction from the beginning. The last weeks of pregnancy are challenging.

Maybe I'll pass some time by repacking my hospital bag. I realised we packed for everyone's going home outfit except me! What the heck was I going to wear back home? The hospital gown? Also, I need to pack extra toiletries. May have to make a trip to target for some empty plastic containers, and the Korean store for an extra loufa (aka skin scraper).

No comments: