Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Swelling

My body is on the war path.
It is only just past noon and both my ankles have swelled up like crazy!
This usually does not happen till much later in the afternoon, like around 3pm.

But I'm excited as I've heard other mother's tell me that shortly before the on set of labor, the ankles swell up...and stay that way all day long. I am hoping this is one of those true sayings.

I'll know for sure tomorrow during my doctor visit exactly what my body has been doing for the past week. I am praying for progress.

I know I have less than two weeks to go till due date, but it seems like forever! Also, 95% of babies do NOT arrive on their due date. I'm hoping Jack is early.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Gosh, if that was true, I was in labor for a month! My ankles swelled up that last month and it took another month before they went down.

I do hope she is right and you'll deliver soon!! Can't wait for the new arrival!