Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

Jack's picky eating has gotten somewhat better over the past week. Since he was sent to bed without dinner his appetite has gotten better. He even tried a brand new recipe which he tends to sometimes hesitate with.

I made stuffed bell peppers for dinner. I looked at recipes online for the basics but essentially made it my own as I prepared it. They look fancy but they were incredibly easy to make. Now that I know they taste good, we can try different filling ingredients.

Jack was not interested at first. Right now if he sees things mixed together he picks out the offending vegetables or seasonings and eats the bare bones meat and rice. But, as soon as he saw the "bowl" was edible he was intrigued. While he did not actually eat the pepper itself, he did have a fair helping of the inside.

I think that next time, with some minor tweaks, the dish will taste even better.

No comments: