Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jack the Lionheart

Jack amazes each and every day. Sometimes it is nothing more than a new silly face or a new word. But other times it is one of those monumental milestone kinds of things that make you realize this is not just your baby but also a fully functioning human being.

On the way home today I had to make a pitstop with Jack at Jewel. Taylor had requested a loaf of french bread to make homemade garlic bread. Jack was in a very good mood from daycare and was talking up a storm. It was beautiful outside so I was happy to spend a little more time with the Fudge.

No sooner than we entered the store, Jack wanted to walk. These days he does not want to be in the cart. I figured it was a quick trip, let him explore a bit. I set him down and he took a few steps. At that moment a woman dropped a bag of chips on the ground.

Now, at this point my instinct was to pull him back and tell him to stay close. But, I didn't have time. Instead I saw Jack walk up to the bag of chips, pick it up, hand it to the lady, and say "here you go." She looked shocked and I am sure I did too. She thanked him and said he was a very helpful little boy.

I don't know if Jack realized how awesome it was to see him act selflessly like that or if he was just excited I rewarded his really amazing behavior with a little toy car (and a LOT of kisses).

Either way, my little guy is a great human being and I am prouder of him every single day!

2 comments:

QueenWanydala said...

awww...what a sweetie. =)

Granny Annie said...

What a cutie!! Just make sure that he knows it is not always OK to talk to strangers.....