Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pears in the Dark

Bad storms hit tonight which knocked out our power at 6:30. It was still barely light out but candles and flashlights were needed. My gut was worried Jack would lose it. My gut was wrong.

Jack showed absolutely no fear. He proceeded to play as if nothing was wrong. He used the flashlight like a lantern and explored the living room. We played and laughed and had a great time. The power came on minutes past his normal 7:30 bedtime.

It never ceases to amaze me when Jack does things like this. I think I have more fears about how he will react than he actually has. It makes me glad to see him thrive no matter the odds.

But. we won't be giving him any pears. He snacked on some Korean pears, chewing them to mush to get the flavor, then spitting the rest out onto the dark floor. We have been stepping on the remnants for the past few hours.

No comments: