Thursday, October 11, 2007

Jack's Favorite Song

Jack is a very musical kid. He will be uninterested in something on TV or a toy until it starts playing music and then he will become absolutely enthralled. Lately, he has started really dancing to the music: shaking his hips, bouncing, and occassionally "singing" along.

I try to play happy, upbeat music in the car with him. Not necessarily kids music but normal songs that I listen too. Sometimes I play The Beatles or some jazz or even The White Stripes. Nothing headbanging or profane, but definitely music we can both share.

The video below is for a song from the album "The Reminder" by Feist. I have had the album on my iPod of almost a year, and the song "1 2 3 4" was one I played for Jack sometimes. They recently included it in the new iPod Nano commercials, and every time it comes on TV, Jack stops what he is doing and watches it. He loves this song.

No comments: