Thursday, February 08, 2007

No One Told Us

We are in the process of finding a new day care provider.

The facility Jack goes to now is not ideal. He competes with 12 other infants for attention. There was one day where he ate at 10:30am, then napped from 2-5pm and didn't have another bottle till he got home at 6pm. Not a happy day. Also, one of the teachers at the day care mentioned she had no idea she was supposed to put karo in Jack's bottles for constipation.

There are days when no one can tell us if he napped in his crib or in a swing. We used to get a report of what he'd done during the day but that only lasted for the first week he was there. We do not get timely heads up when he's running low on diapers or wipes. I would imagine he's running low on wips by now but no word from the day care.

Also, they advertise 1 teacher for every 4 infants. There are 12 infants in that room so you'd figure 3 teachers. Most days, I walk in and only two are there. If there is a third teacher, I believe she is shared between the infant room and the toddler area.

I told myself I would give 'facility' day care at least one month before deciding to switch or anything. And right now, we may be on our way to in-home day care. I've already talked to someone a coworker suggested and already I got a good feeling about her. When I told her I hated facility day care, she replied, "No one told you that you'd hate it?"

I hope this works out. This lady is on my way to work and only 5 miles from where Alex works. Wish us luck.

No comments: